Dieser Post ist auch verfügbar auf: German
4.EL-Congress, 13.-15.12.2013, Madrid
DIE LINKE / Antrag Blockupy
The Party of the European Left (EL) for common Blockupy protests in Frankfurt / Main and throughout Europe
The programs of austerity and privatizations of the Troika determine the lives of millions of people in Europe. The German Agenda 2010 was just an archetype for what now is enforced especially in Southern Europe to an even more dramatic extent. The further dismantling of social and democratic rights is imminent. The so- called rescue packages are not intended for the people of Europe, but serve the banks and rich investors.
Together with the people in Europe we say: „Don’t owe, don‘t pay!“ and resist the rehabilitation of capitalism on the backs of employees as well as unemployed, retirees, migrants and the youth. We reject any cooperation with the austerity politicies of the Troika, which only has disastrous consequences for the living conditions of people in Europe.
• The Party of the European Left expresses its solidarity with the many fights in Europe against the austerity policies of the Troika.
• The EL welcomes the Blockupy protests in Frankfurt / Main (Germany) against the European Central Bank (ECB) and expresses its solidarity with the planned demonstrations and blockades in 2014.
• The EL stands in solidarity with the international alliance “Blockupy 2014” and calls to participate in the planned protests in May and autumn 2014.
• The EL calls on its members and observer parties to participate in the international week of action, May 15th -25th 2014 with the aim of decentralized actions on a local level, as well as in the centralized action day, May 17th or 24th 2014.
• The EL calls on its members and observer parties to mobilize, within the limits of their possibilities, for the mass blockade of the European Central Bank in Frankfurt / Main in autumn of 2014 and to participate in the alliance “Blockupy 2014”.